Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Criminal On The Cross


By larry r Linville



I hung beside a special man

who was out of place between us.

I tried to be encouraging

but the other criminal could only cuss.



My heart was warmed when I heard him say

Father forgive them everyone.

Although the dark clouds gathered

it seemed like he brought out the sun.



All the evil things I had done

suddenly seemed to disappear

and for the first time I felt clean

with God’s love so very near.



Boldly I asked if I could be

allowed in his kingdom to stay.

With strong assurance he said to me

I’d be in paradise this day.



I knew I was already there

freed from all my terror and fear

and when he took his final breath

his life was gone but he was near.



He died much sooner than I did

yet his spirit surrounded me

and as my life faded away

his face was all I could see.

No comments: